In an effort to increase and highlight the amount of cutting-edge science presented at THSNA 2024 and to recognize novel, critically important research developments that may occur after the general abstract submission deadline, THSNA is now accepting late-breaking abstracts.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission is now open!
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline: March 4, 2024
Submit a Late-Breaking Abstract
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- In an effort to increase and highlight the amount of cutting-edge science presented at THSNA 2024 and to recognize novel, critically important research developments that may occur after the general abstract submission deadline, THSNA is now accepting late-breaking abstracts.
- Late-Breaking abstracts may be submitted by both in-person and remote attendees, however, abstracts will only be considered for oral presentation (short talks) if the presenter is registered to attend THSNA in-person. Remote oral abstract presentations will not be permitted.
- The Thrombosis and Hemostasis Summit of North America's abstract/poster session is a forum for presentation of clinical or basic research findings, and must include at least some original new data not previously presented at a national or international meeting.
- Late-Breaking Abstract Submission is now open. Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline is March 4, 2024.
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words. The 500 word limit excludes the abstract title, author(s), and institution(s).
- Abstract text should preferably be in a “structured abstract” form with sections marked Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- All abstracts are limited to two figures. Figures should be uploaded in JPG format. Figure files should be less than 15 MB each and at least 900 pixels wide.
- Abstracts accepted will be presented as in-person digital posters, virtual posters or in-person oral presentations.
- Abstract grading is blinded and abstracts will be selected on the basis of scientific merit.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered.
- Notification of regular abstract acceptance were sent on January 29. If you did not receive the notification, please email [email protected].
- Notification of late-breaking abstract acceptance will be sent by March 15.
- All accepted abstracts will be presented either as posters or in oral sessions.
- Please ensure that your email address is accurate, as all correspondence will be sent via email.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register for the conference.
- Presenters are responsible for all expenses related to participating in the conference, including transportation, registration fee, lodging, and meals.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Hematology.
- After the abstract submission, abstracts may not be revised or resubmitted.
- Proofread your abstract carefully to avoid errors before submission. If accepted, your abstract will be published as submitted. Your abstract may be updated in the poster.
- All late-breaking abstracts must be submitted by March 4, 2024.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically at https://www.thsna.org/online/.
- Only online submissions will be considered. Email submissions will not be considered.
Selection and Notification
- All abstracts will be selected by blind peer review.
- The THSNA Abstract Review Committee will evaluate abstracts on the basis of scientific content, applicability to conference and session themes, novelty, writing quality, and overall scientific merit.
- Notification of late-breaking abstract acceptance will be made by March 15.