Abstract Submission System Opens: Late September 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 3, 2023
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts may be submitted by both in-person and remote attendees, however, abstracts will only be considered for oral presentation (short talks) if the presenter is registered to attend THSNA in-person. Remote oral abstract presentations will not be permitted.
- The Thrombosis and Hemostasis Summit of North America's abstract/poster session is a forum for presentation of clinical or basic research findings, and must include at least some original new data not previously presented at a national or international meeting.
- Abstract Submission will open in late September. Abstract Submission Deadline is November 3, 2023.
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words. The 500 word limit excludes the abstract title, author(s), and institution(s).
- Abstract text should preferably be in a “structured abstract” form with sections marked Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Abstracts accepted will be presented as in-person digital posters, virtual posters or in-person oral presentations.
- Abstract grading is blinded and abstracts will be selected on the basis of scientific merit.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent the beginning of December.
- All accepted abstracts will be presented either as posters or in oral sessions.
- Please ensure that your email address is accurate, as all correspondence will be sent via email.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register for the conference.
- Presenters are responsible for all expenses related to participating in the conference, including transportation, registration fee, lodging, and meals. However, there will be up to 30 travel awards available for meritorious abstracts from junior investigators. See Travel Awards tab to the left for details.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Hematology.
- After the abstract submission, abstracts may not be revised or resubmitted.
- Proofread your abstract carefully to avoid errors before submission. If accepted, your abstract will be published as submitted. Your abstract may be updated in the poster.
- All abstracts must be submitted by November 3, 2023.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically at www.thsna.org.
- Only online submissions will be considered. Email submissions will not be considered.
Selection and Notification
- All abstracts will be selected by blind peer review.
- The THSNA Abstract Review Committee will evaluate abstracts on the basis of scientific content, applicability to conference and session themes, novelty, writing quality, and overall scientific merit.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be made the beginning of December.